Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 series gold cup that was made in 1976. It did not come with the box or accessories. But over years I have been collecting the box and accessories. I have everything accept the allen wrench that came with the gun. Was that marked colt? What size it? What is it used for? If not marked colt then what is it marked? Also was there a test target with this year gun? Thanks for your time in advance dave

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
davecashe, here is a photo of my Series 70 from 1978, as it was packaged at Colt. The Allen wrench is in the photo, but it is currently packed away and I do not recall its size. It does not have any "Colt" markings on it. When you determine its dimensions you can pick one up at the hardware store. Someone will be along soon with details.

Welcome to the Forum and continued good luck with your Colt Gold Cup!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much for the reply. i saw the picture on the fourms but i did not have enough post to pm you . i called colt and they could not tell me. was there a test target in your box? thanks again for your time

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
Targets were not furnished with guns shipped after about 1972 or 1973 (not sure just when, but it was before the Mid-1970s). Get an Allen wrench that fits the over-travel screw and you will have the correct size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.