1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Score!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Are you sure that your not missing a 1 in front of the 7 :D? You did very well especially it being an early Python. I guess i need to work on my willing and dealing.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the Colt Forum from Washington State!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very well done. I just picked a six inch up at a nice price. Enjoy. I just put 150 rds. through mine yesterday. Extremely accurate.

JW

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
There are two kinds of Pythons...extremely accurate and incredibly accurate.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check your timing. I see a HEAVY turn line present on the cylinder. It also looks like your crane lock screw has been buggered with. I would take more pictures of the forcing cone, recoil shield, and ratchet and post. While on the surface $700 sounds good, you need to make sure you didn’t get taken. I get nervous every time I see a turn line such as yours, as every Python I have ever looked at with a turn line that heavy has had timing problems. While I sound critical, you need to make sure your Python is safe to shoot and not a turd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I jes' gots ta know.
No specifics, but just how did that happen?
My first Python was .....around 30 years ago. $439 PTD.
If you're referring to my post, how it happened was, we had just been to the range and for some reason he shot horribly and was pissed off and on the ride home he said to me for $150.00 he would sell me that POS Python if I wanted it, there was no hesitation on my part, I bought it on the spot. As for the 22 match target it kept jamming and was not feeding properly, same story except for $75.00. I changed the spring in the handle and I can not remember when it Jammed last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a retired Sheriff's Detective Lieutenant and I own 3 Pythons. I purchased the first one from a fellow deputy about 1982 a 4 inch Nickel made in 1977for $300.00. The second one is a 4 inch brushed stainless made in 1979 for 300.00 from a Houston Police Officer. The third one i inherited from my father a 4 inch blue steel made in 1962. I have been blessed. I carried the the Nickle and the brushed stainless on patrol for many years. Beautiful guns and of course great shooters. It was a sad day when we went to semi-automatic Smiths.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Are you sure the 1979 Python isn't electroless nickel? The first stainless Pythons weren't produced until the 1983-1984 timeframe or even a bit later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts