Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Tomorrow is the 75[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary of the D-Day in Normandy. A lot of brave men came ashore that Day.

I know that we, members of the Colt forum, pay the utmost respect to our Vets.

On this anniversary, a TV live and full coverage of the commemorative ceremonies is scheduled on Thursday 6.

If you are not living in Europe, but are insomniac and interested in watching these ceremonies “live”, hereafter is the Internet link and the timetable to watch the FR2 TV channel (aka France 2 Channel) that covers the events. (French langage of course).

https://www.france.tv/france-2/direct.html

Thursday 6 from 08:15 to 13:00 (French time) or 02:15 to 07:00 a.m. (US Eastern time) from Utah Beach and Sainte-Mère-Eglise (You may remember this is the village where a US paratrooper ”landed” on the church tower and stayed hanging from it for hours).

Take care.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thank you for the information Picardie. I am in Paris this evening. We depart CDG in the early afternoon tomorrow so I will get up early and watch it. I’m sure our flight path will take us far to the north of Normandy, but my heart will be with everyone there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information Picardie. I am in Paris this evening. We depart CDG in the early afternoon tomorrow so I will get up early and watch it. I’m sure our flight path will take us far to the north of Normandy, but my heart will be with everyone there.
It's a pity you cannot attend the D-Day ceremonies or visit the D-Day sites in Normandy. Norman people is grateful to the Allies Vets and their descendants, they are very welcome in Normandy.
Hope you have enjoyed your stay in France. I wish you a safe flight.

Take care.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Also, anyone with SiriusXM, I believe I heard an ad the other day that the Radio Classics channel will be airing 12 Hours of audio/news/speech type stuff tomorrow. Fingers crossed it lives up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts