Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How rare are the currently made 8 inch 44 Magnum Anaconda's and what are they currently going for used?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try and order one and then maybe you'd reconsider your response.

For example the top of the line Colt 45 semi-automatic that they use to make. Produced anywhere from 6 to 18 a year BECAUSE they got no orders. They got no orders, however, in part because distributors knew that they couldn't get one. Took me six years to get an order filled for a gun that, in theory at least, was in production.

Here I've checked three distributors. No one has one. No one expects to get one. Couldn't order one if you tried.

So I'll repeat my question. How rare are they and how much are they going for?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You may not find many new, but there are plenty on the used market. GB has several on auction now.
I wouldn't call them rare, but more like not in high demand. Like Manderson posted, the prices go up to $1100.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go to GunsAmerica & enter anaconda into their search. A few $800 & under guns show-up. Many more than the 6" 45 colt that I'm thinking about.
Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seartripper: can you hunt with a 4"bbl in FLA? I've heard than you have a lot of wild boar.
OH has a 5" min bbl lgth for deer, but no restrictions on other critters.
Jeff

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Colt. They indicated that there is a momentary shortage of Anaconda's simply because they are NOT being built right now. Hence none to go to distributors. They did not comment as to whether or not the 8 inch version was going to be made again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts