Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to pick up an 80 Series L/W Officers ACP LNIB with papers. Less than 100 rounds down range. Can't seem to uploda photos but it's real nice, $800. What do you all think.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If all is LNIB as you describe it that's an OK price - go for it! What's the finish?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
If all is LNIB as you describe it that's an OK price - go for it! What's the finish?

lw officer's were only available in the matte blue/black/whatever finish.

if it's an enhanced one, buy it yesterday! ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
A new Defender is around $1,000. if you can find one. So $800 LNIB sounds like a deal. :)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Hi, HJ. I'm in with the rest of the gang. $800 sounds like a deal to me, especially if it's LNIB, etc. I've watched them on Auction Arms with a sale price easily exceeding that, some not even claiming to be LNIB. I've owned mine for 21 years and it was LNIB back then. It cost me $430 and I've babied it ever since. Colt confirms it was made in 1990 and it's had several thousand rounds downrange over the years. Just keeps on ticking. No enhancements or modifications. Just stock. I like it a lot and I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you jump on this one! Show us pix if/when you can.

Colt ACP 12-31-11.jpg

foto taken 12/26/2011

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Just curious ...why? The enhanced features never did much for me.
well that's your subjective opinion, but imo enhanced features add to the funcitiomal ability of the pistol. the flat top slide offers easier sighting and the beavertail grip safety makes it easier to control when firing.
add to that the fact that there are less enhanced lightweights produced compared to the non-enhanced making the enhanced ones worth a little more.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I decided to let it go. I have 3 1911's and I realy didn't need another one. This young man needed the money and someone else offered him more so even though he didn't ask I let him out of the deal so he could sell it to someone else for more $$$. I felt like it was a good buy but it's no big deal to let it go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts