Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Europe, the 9 mm semi automatic pistol has been a prominent feature in police, military and private shooters and collectors for a very long time.

So living in Switzerland I have naturally acquired a few over the years, and since all the range are closed I thought I’ll post a few pics here

Beretta 92 F - 1986

Beretta 92 FS - 1993

Beretta 92 Combat - 2001

Colt GM Mark IV series 70 - 1979

CZ 75 - 1986

FN GP 35 - 1952

FN GP 35 capitan - 1979

Glock 17 - 2008

HK P7 M8 - 1986

HK P7 M13 - 1998

SIG P210-1 army - 1949

SIG P210-2 army - 1956

SIG P210-4 BGS - 1951

SIG P210-6 - 1985

Walther P38 - 1977

Obviously there are quite a few I’d still like to get, a Mauser C96 red nine, a German Luger etc..

·
Registered
647 Posts
Very nice. The CZ-75 is a favorite of mine. The P210 merely a dream. How about two versions of the Hi-Power, one made by FEG in Hungary and one made in Canada by a builder of washing machines. S&W's Model 39-2 and Metropolitan Police, District of Columbia marked Glock 17. I can only hope that DC authorities had to sell surplus police pistols to raise money to pay Alan Gura's legal fees.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
All beautiful 9's. This one now qualifies as a 9mm after receiving a conversion slide, now what happened to all the inexpensive 9mm ammunition? Glad I purchased a couple thousand rounds months ago, prices will return before exhausting my stash!

Sig-Sauer P229 Stainless Elite:

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice. The CZ-75 is a favorite of mine. The P210 merely a dream. How about two versions of the Hi-Power, one made by FEG in Hungary and one made in Canada by a builder of washing machines. S&W's Model 39-2 and Metropolitan Police, District of Columbia marked Glock 17. I can only hope that DC authorities had to sell surplus police pistols to raise money to pay Alan Gura's legal fees.
Nice guns, thanks for sharing

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All beautiful 9's. This one now qualifies as a 9mm after receiving a conversion slide, now what happened to all the inexpensive 9mm ammunition? Glad I purchased a couple thousand rounds months ago, prices will return before exhausting my stash!

Sig-Sauer P229 Stainless Elite:
Nice gun too. I have a P229 but it’s in .357 Sig

·
Registered
647 Posts
I shoot them all too, no safe queens in my house, so here are some targets, all at 25 meters...
That's some nice shooting. Years ago when I was stationed in Germany I was friends with a German cop. They had just traded in their Walther PP's for H&K P7M8's. We conspired to have some unit training scheduled for the same day on the local Bundeswehr range. His cops and my soldiers all had a fine time. A little friendly competition and playing with each other's toys. The P7 is a good shooting pistol. One of these days I will find one I can afford.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
German "P Series Police Pistols

Here's my collection of German "P" Series Police Pistols. Several have been sold.

P-1 - Post WWII Walther P-38; P-2 - Sig P-210-4 (German Border Guards); P-3 Astra 600; P-4 Walther shorter barreled P1; Walther P-5; Sig P-225 (aka P-6); missing is the H&K P-7 I used to have; no P-8; and lastly a P9S.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
My 9mm pistols...S&W Models 39 and 59...Sig P226 Elite...three Browning Hi-Powers...Kahr CW9...Colt 2000...Colt Pocket Nine...Kimber Solo Carry. The bottom pic is a Beretta M93A1. The two Colts really don't belong as they're Double-Action Only and not semi-automatic...but I think they fit the flavor of the thread.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Snidely - a funny story about the Kahr CW-9. I bought one, slightly used, box, three magazines, manual, etc. for $315 OTD. Checking one of the Michigan Gunboards someone was asking if anyone had a CW-9 for sale. I replied and the next day I got a PM form someone interested in trading for his gun. He said that his girlfriend handled a CW-9 and really liked it! So when he told me what he wanted to trade for it I didn't mind driving an hour in (at times) near white out conditions to make the swap. For my CW-9 I got his like new Sig P-228, owners manual, and three magazines! A few months later the Sig went to a new home in Mississippi for well more then double what I paid for the Kahr!

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
You made out well. The Kahr pistols are decent pistols...especially for their price class. I had a CM-9 as well...it actually fit my hand better with its longer grip but the smaller CW was more accurate and a friend likes Kahrs so I sold him the CM. The Kimber Solo is very nice...much better shooter than the Kahr but I admit I like single-action pistols better than double-action only like the Kahr. The negative about the Kimber is you have to be very careful when reassembling it...it's very easy to install the slide stop lever wrong and it turns the pistol into a single shot. I found that out the hard way...and the manual makes no mention of that little fact. Kimber doesn't (or didn't at the time) list an email address or a phone number so I had to send them a letter by snail mail about what was wrong. They sent me back a letter explaining the issue and how to make sure it's done correctly and a diagram showing it. Why that was not in the owners manual was not addressed. It wasn't too long after that the Solo was discontinued and it was replaced by something else. Still...as long as I make sure its assembled correctly it's a fine little pistol...but no one should design a pistol that is so easy to reassemble wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts