Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
They are fun little guns to shoot. I might have a spare set of Ajax Pearlies for it, if your interested.
Pearl Grips 006.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
Forgive me for saying so, but if you're gonna use that as a personal defense weapon, you damn well better hit the perp in the head, or you're just gonna piss him off with that caliber! It sure as HELL ain't enough to slap him down AND KEEP him down. JMHO, jd45

·
Registered
737 Posts
No offense,but I wouldn't shoot a sick old lady off of a piss pot with a .32 she would probably beat you over the head with the pot!. Nick

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
I think one could catch the .32 NP Bullet with a Catcher's Mitt or stout Work Gloves, and, throw it back.

Might leave a little welt, but...so what?

Lol...

Lovely Pocket Positive!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I love these early small frame Colts! Here's it's slightly older longer barreled brother a .32 Police Positive in .32 Colt New Police from 1912. Ready to go at 101 years old!

·
Premium Member
9,625 Posts
According to the 6th Edition of "Cartridges of the World" that I happen to have close at hand, the .32 New Police has muzzle energy of 132 foot-pounds. By comparison, someone tonight was thinking about carrying a .32ACP Model M for self defense. I doubt that the above posters would make such disparaging remarks about the .32ACP.

But they should if they think the .32 New Police is inadequate, because the .32ACP standard loading has only 129 foot-pounds of energy.

I would not care to be shot by either!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I gotta side with the Judge. I have a few, both revolvers and auto's in that "little" caliber. At about 15ft, (a distance I consider to be at the outer edge of personal defense) they seem to do quite a number on a Ford pick-up door. The holes that .32 bullet leaves in the outer/inner skin of that door makes me feel I wouldn't want to be shot by one.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
To those concerned about the stopping power of the .32 Colt New Police Pocket Positive, well, here it is on a table next to my bed, alongside another Colt in an even SMALLER caliber! ;)

Price of the new-to-me Pocket Positive: $175.

·
Registered
813 Posts
For any doubters about the effectiveness of the 32, here's a few pics of the first time I shot one of my early Pocket Positives. This gun is chambered in 32 Colt, which by all accounts is a bit more anemic than the 32 S&W. I literally laid down a piece of treated 2X4, paced off 7 steps and fired 3 off hand shots.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Magtec makes a wicked .32 S&W long hollow point of 98 grains that ought to do a little damage. Up close, speed don't mean so much. Lots of men have been killed with .32's and well placed shots. Whether it's the bad guys of old or the new tougher than hopped up Moros we imagine we face today, all hate to get shot...it hurts!

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
According to the 6th Edition of "Cartridges of the World" that I happen to have close at hand, the .32 New Police has muzzle energy of 132 foot-pounds. By comparison, someone tonight was thinking about carrying a .32ACP Model M for self defense. I doubt that the above posters would make such disparaging remarks about the .32ACP.

But they should if they think the .32 New Police is inadequate, because the .32ACP standard loading has only 129 foot-pounds of energy.

I would not care to be shot by either!

I stand corrected!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts