Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a local 9mm AR for sale but I'm not sure of the model. It appears to be an unfired pre-ban model, with the integrated carry handle, collapsible stock, bayou mount, flash cage, no sear block, and includes two Colt mags. Was told it was an original Border Patrol issued gun. The receiver is restricted marked for government, police, ... use only. Asking price is $900. Does anyone know what model it might be and the year of production? Sorry I didn't get the serial number.

I'm guessing a late 80's model R6450???

Thanks...

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's most likely a Green Label box model 6450. The serial number should start with the characters "TA" or "LTA". The stock should be collapsible, not folding.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the serial number did begin with "TA" or "LTA" and it did have the plastic shell deflector. One odd thing was there is a "A-3" stamping just above the ejection port. Never noticed that before on others I have looked at.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've posted pictures of my LTA 6450 here previously. Since mine has a sear block, I suspect the one in question to be manufactured earlier. Other than the sear block, mine should be identical to the subject AR. I picked it up right after the Clinton ban expired. It is my go to home defense weapon.

As you can see, there is no "A-3" imprinted above the ejection port. But on the Colt 9mm upper receiver used for my Kuehl .22lr conversion, there is an "A-1" imprinted at that location.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
$900? Buy it...run fast and run far...like you stole it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts