Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I returned from the Tulsa gun show with a 1932 Detective Special, blued, in 99% condition and its a square butt (no box). This is a gun configuration that I was hoping I'd find but I didn't think it would turn up this quick.

I'm still searching for a 1927-1933 DS square butt that's boxed, factory nickel or transitional.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Here's hoping you'll post pictures.

That is the Detective Special that I want to add to the collection. Forum envy is setting in.

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
Congrats! Whenever I handle these old classics , the first thing that comes to mind are the old detective movies of the 1930's & 40's . DS's are /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe someday I'll take photography lessons. The gun looks better than the photo's. Enjoy.

·
Registered
671 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The gun looks better than the photo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hard to believe, Addicted. These are super shots of a great gun. Congratultions on your find, and good luck in your other quest.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Thanks for providing the nice photos. I'll aspire to obtain a similar Detective Special soon. You have a nice one there.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Wow thats great! I love the Detective. Maybe thats why I have more of them than anything else....well except cobras.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's the one folks..I got to hold it and examine it too.I serioulsy dought it had ever been messed with.I could be wrong but I've handled a few hundred USED guns and with the help of our moderators,not too many get by me anymore.
Good luck with your prize Kevin,,,and if you decide to sell it in the future I hope you give me a shot at it.I promise I wont take it to a gunshow loaded,,,he,,he

1 - 10 of 10 Posts