Colt Forum banner

A beautiful, but hi buck Colt SAA on Joe Salters site

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Hopalong 
#1 · (Edited)
Take a look just to see a nice prewar Colt SAA. Go to upper left click new arrivals, then click on thumb pic. It's color tuned wrong on my computer, but if you have to reset color it has beautiful blue remaining.

JoeSalter.com

Jim.

#4 ·
That gun won't bring anywhere near what he is wanting for it in my area, but the truth is that decent guns with no problems and some finish on them are getting harder to find now a days. Collectors have grabbed the good ones and they hold on unto them and about all you see trading around are those a little to a whole lot below par.

Think about how many refinished, rebarreled, re-sighted, altered single actions that are pictured on this forum and how seldom a "no problems" single action is pictured.

Reactions: Merwin2
#10 ·
The gun on Salter's site is nice, but not $6000 nice. Half that would be pushing it IMO, being a .41 and all. However, with prices that keep going up, it might be priced as cheap as it's gonna get, for the foreseeable future anyway.

#11 ·
Yeah, old Joe gets some mighty steep prices, but he does bargain down when a gun lays there awhile. Most of his Colts, mostly DA's turn in about an hour, and I think they ALL are too high, but I like to look. I once over paid him for a 1921-1922 S&W 1905 M&P 4th change. It's a 6" nickle with more rare square butt and super nice grips. Looks almost unfired, only a light turn line. I had to have it and I haven't seen one as nice since. Won't lose on it when the time comes, I guess.
Jim.

#13 · (Edited)
I've been out of it a few years, but am getting back into Colts. Two things I see, the grip frame above the triggerguard plate seems to have a pretty large crack where it fits to the frame. Notice how tight the fit is at the rear, but not at the triggerguard.

Also, all his prices seem high, but again I've been out of it a while. I do see better prices at the local gun shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.