Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have followed the forum for awhile and thought it was time to jump in. I've loved to hunt and shoot all my life, now time is a little harder to come by, and I collect, plink, and shoot sporting clays and skeet. I collect what I would call "Classic Guns" and of course that would include alot of Colts. I sometimes feel like it is a curse, but man I like being under that "spell". I currently have 4 diamondbacks, 2 pythons, 1 custom cobra, 1 anaconda, 1 huntsman, 1 woodsman, 1 cobra, and 1 Government model MKIV Series 80. (Not near enough!) Hopefully, I can figure out how to get pics on site and would love to share my tiny collection with you all. I would especially like some help on 2 colts that I have. I bought them in a presentation case from a friend of mine, no boxes or papers. But wait, the story is not over. The pair are pristene, a nickel 6" python and a nickel 6" diamondback, grips are from the Colt Custom Shop, one silver medallion and one gold. I have letters on both guns but they don't show them coming out of the Colt Custom Shop. In the last couple of months, I have seen the same walnut case and guns on "gunbroker" but still would like to know some history on "The Pairing" if anyone could help. Looking forward to learning all I can from you all. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello neighbor, very interesting story about your python and diamondback pair. I also admire their stable mates!

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Hi gunmark, welcome to the forum from a fellow east Tennessean.

You may wish to post this query in the revolver section where it will get more attention. And any photos you have will enhance the readers ability to unearth the correct data. Glad you're here.

·
Registered
382 Posts
there was a "pair" 6" nickel Python and Diamondback that just sold on GB. They were claimed to have been custom shop guns, special grips, and had a wood box. However, they did not have the individual boxes. someone on here no doubt knows more.

i was a buyer on them but it went out of my reach. Nice to have you around and looking forward to pictures.

love "K" town. used to go to Cooper brothers corvette show back when, great memories.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, gunmark. Yes, I'd say it is high time you joined up, what with not sharing a Colt collection like that! Fotos? I had a lot of fun tinkering with photobucket.com last night and uploaded some pix to the Colt Revolver Forum. Try it & see what you think. Enjoy the ride and the "spell!"

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts