Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
I am 63 years old, happily married to a young lady 13.5 years my junior. We have been together for 30 years now, and have 2 wonderful sons together. My name is David Swaffield, and I am a former Marine (68-70) and a retired Cleveland Police Officer. I now sell handguns for Fin/Fur/Feather outfitters in Middleburg Heights, Ohio.
My oldest son is 26 years old and spent 5 years on active duty in the Marine Corps, exiting as a Sergeant. He (unfortunately) extended his 4 year enlistment for 1 year to get into combat in Afghanistan. In September 2009 he was blown up by an IED, and suffered a broken right foot, some PTSD, and some major TBI. He works full-time with me at FFF and wants to be a policeman. He is an excellent salesman but I am trying to get him to think more towards being a fireman. Everyone loves firemen and people don't film everything they do like they do police officers.
My youngest son is a Corporal in the Marine Corps, and served a very active 7 months in combat in Afghanistan, luckily getting home without any severe injuries. He is a forward observer, as was my father as a Marine in WWII (was involved at Tarawa and Iwo Jima.) Both sons have blessed my bride and I with grandsons this year, also. David's is 10 months, and James son is now 7 days old.
David lives here in Ohio, and James and his small family live in San Clemente, California, as he travels back/forth to Camp Pendleton daily. He will exit the Corps next summer and plans on returning to Ohio and becoming a fireman. He listens to his father.
Regardless, I am very proud of my boys and their Marine Corps service, and ecstatic to have 2 healthy grandsons.
Semper fi,
Dave Swaffield (Cleveland Police Department, SWAT Unit, badge #1907, counter-sniper, retired 1999.)

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Hi David, thanks so much for your wonderful history and welcome to the Colt Forum; it's great to have you here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forums and Thank You and your Sons for your service to this Great Nation!

Lots of service members here your in good company

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all. I certainly hope to obtain a lot of info from you Colt guys. I was always a S&W guy until 'the lock' but am now turning towards Colt. I have a S&W 642 (no lock) in my pocket now, and have a Colt Cobra in nickle on layaway at my place of employment. I can buy it for $188 OTD and will after 1 January. The finish (nickle) is 'scuffed up' and I have no idea how it got that way. It is as tight as the day it left the factory, however. I will attempt to polish it back up, but not sure how I'll accomplish that feat.
Semper fi,
Dave Swaffield

1 - 12 of 12 Posts