Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the NRA's "American Rifleman" for September 2013. I always first read their column, "The Armed Citizen".

I picked up on this article:

Jessica Grayson was driving behind a pickup truck when the truck suddenly stopped in front of her, blocking her lane. A man exited the truck and approached Grayson’s vehicle. He began beating on the window and grabbing the door handle in an attempt to get in. Jessica quickly pulled out her Colt .357 revolver. “… I pointed my gun at him and told him to step away from my car or I would shoot him,” Grayson explained. The assailant immediately backed away from her vehicle and left. “You hear a lot of stories about guns being used in crime, but they prevent crime every day, too,” Grayson said. “What if I hadn’t had my gun that day?” (The Advertiser-Gleam, Danville, AL, 6/28/13)

You can read the balance of the column's accounts here: Armed Citizen<sup>®</sup> | NRA Publications and Magazines

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Tony, this should be REQUIRED READING for every self-respecting American citizen, be it man or woman. Wifey Joy instantly saw the wisdom of arming herself the moment I outlined these very scenarios to her when we were first married. She now carries concealed everywhere, with or without me by her side. Alas..... Joy's sister and even my own sister cannot get their heads around this. I'm way past lecturing, explaining and nagging. I just explain to them that it's a very selfish notion that they not take precautions for their own safety. I tell them both they have a duty and obligation to friends and family to ensure their own safety and preservation because we love them. I shame them about how much immeasurable grief and anguish their selfish inactions would bring onto family and friends if they just "rolled over" and died because "guns kill people." OK. I'm done now.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
......a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
I like that one, too, Mike! That's the one I'll use next if/when the subject comes up again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts