Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,831 Posts
I noticed on the 3-digit SN Python that the full checkered grips have a silver medallion. The experts on this Forum have convinced me over the past few months that early Pythons had only gold medallions. What gives?

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
I noticed on the 3-digit SN Python that the full checkered grips have a silver medallion. The experts on this Forum have convinced me over the past few months that early Pythons had only gold medallions. What gives?
The original stocks were missing and sometime in the past, silver-medallion stocks were installed. There are those who would argue that it was a "factory mistake," but, with the Python being the "most premium" Colt revolver available, receiving all kinds of personal attention from Colt's best assemblers, such a mistake would be extremely unlikely.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Mark, you spoiled my surprise ;) ;) ;)

But then how would I think one would get by you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I figured it was my best chance at a fairly early gun.....RR
Hey I didn't start this Early Python thread....YOU did! Lol

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The three digit was purchased by one of our forum members.He and I discussed it at length prior to his purchase.The four digit is a really nice gun also.D*

Reactions: Bigl1911

·
Registered
502 Posts
Radicalrod- Looks like you scored an awesome gun! Glad to see some of these early guns coming out of the woodwork and I cannot say that I think they're overpriced. You play with a 50's gun and then a 80's gun and you'll immediately spot the difference. Plus the stocks make them the best looking Pythons.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ho-Ho-Ho......Merry Christmas to Me!

I'll post images shortly after I have received it........what is it?
Why it's an 8" barreled, Royal Blue Colt Python, of course!
And........Yes, officially My wallet is empty.....3 Colt revolvers purchased in less than a month has taken it's toll. :cool:

·
Registered
879 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.