Colt Forum banner

A couple of pit marks on my KC?

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  ColtsDad 
Hi Retlawman.
alot of good advice and experience in these responses. Just to compare apples to apples more or less , here’s my new version 2”KC to see what you think. when greatly zoomed in with a simple iPad pic, I can see imperfections in my KC’s hammer edges as well. So I’d also say what you have is normal results. I see a pit on my hammer right side edge down real low, , but it’s sort of hidden by the frame viewed from the side. I’ve considered mine scratch free and perfect. i can’t even see these hammer edges without magnification. It functions and fires without hitch so far. I’m pleased.
that said, your pit area may be more noticeable and it’s your gun, so if it bothers you, well, you only get a year warranty I believe, but it would be or should be a very easy fix for Colt since they’re cranking out KC’s at the moment it seems. Almost no parts require fitting is the word on the forum.. A call to customer service and they can even have you email the pic(s) to them. They email an RMA and a shipping label to print out, so shipping cost is on them. you don’t have to go through an FFL to ship to them and they can send it directly back to you , you just have to be available to sign for the return delivery. My guns‘ turnaround in the last 2 years has been less a month on a new python and less than 2 weeks on a 45acp.

ha ! That’s funny. I wish I could draw - im thinking of a cartoon pic of Ronald looking through the maternity ward window .. “that is the least appealing baby in this place.”
do you have family here sir ?
“No. Just breezing through. But that is an ugly baby “.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.