Colt Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1499 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is a really nice 44. My first 29 was bought new about 67 or 68. It wasn’t until several years later I got one just like yours in the case. It had been fired but mint. Then got into pre 64 m70 mode and traded it off. Now 50yrs later back in S&W mode and wish I would have kept it. Have 9, m29s but oldest are 29-2s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Check out these factory rosewood grips and the case colors on the 53 hammer. Pete
I am a Colt man,only S&W I have. 😂

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a lovely grouping of pistols! I was in the market for a 1st. Mod.DA in .44 Russian. I bought one which I thought was my "forever" pistol but it turned out to be in .44-40 so it's restricted up here and subject to all the laws surrounding possession and transport of any handgun. I picked up this one and though I'd have preferred it in blue as opposed to nickel finish, It's one of the few antique pistols one can legally carry in the woods and/or bush as a defensive pistol. The nickel is obviously redone at some point in its life. The bore is pretty grotty but I spent a lot of time, solvent, and elbow grease to mitigate the worst of the damage and get 'er as good as it'll get. Now to get it to the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Got me an old rusty K38 today. Guy told me last night he wanted the Marlin 60/ scope I’ve got in my trade pile. Said he had old police 38 that had little rust. I told him to bring it up and we might work a trade. Most of the time these police guns turn out to be Owl Heads or such. This one was a Pre 14 K38. Wasn’t crème puff, left side of barrel had surface rust from old leather holster. I put some tranny fluid and 4/0 steel wool to it and other than losing some blue, nice old gun.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Got me an old rusty K38 today. Guy told me last night he wanted the Marlin 60/ scope I’ve got in my trade pile. Said he had old police 38 that had little rust. I told him to bring it up and we might work a trade. Most of the time these police guns turn out to be Owl Heads or such. This one was a Pre 14 K38. Wasn’t crème puff, left side of barrel had surface rust from old leather holster. I put some tranny fluid and 4/0 steel wool to it and other than losing some blue, nice old gun.

Excellent target quality shooters, I have my Dad's.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm starting to apricate Hertters grips after viewing all the photos on this thread!
Fast enough has some pretty grips on that Smith!
Perhaps a little bit of searching on Ebay might help me!

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I'm starting to apricate Hertters grips after viewing all the photos on this thread!
Fast enough has some pretty grips on that Smith!
Perhaps a little bit of searching on Ebay might help me!
Not sure they still do it, but there used to be a process of measuring your hand and tracing around it, etc. If there is, my suggestion would be to follow it and get custom. Buying online from former days might just get you great grips in the wrong size, not for your gun, but for your hand!

1461 - 1480 of 1499 Posts