Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished this rig a few weeks ago and I haven't posted here at all in a while. I have a friend that helps me in the shop, mostly because we have fun together and both find it relaxing. Every now and then we even get a rig out of it for ourselves
He's been wanting to try a geometric basket weave pattern for a while and finally had the reason to do it on this project. It was for a mutual friends birthday and while I'm not a huge fan of mixing plastic with pleasure I think the rig turned out quite nice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't care for the geometric pattern but it is very well executed. Your website has some beautiful photos of your work. I like the Threeperson style holsters esp the crossdraws.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice.........
Thank you!

I don't care for the geometric pattern but it is very well executed. Your website has some beautiful photos of your work. I like the Threeperson style holsters esp the crossdraws.
It is different, that is for sure. I like them all...would I wear them is a different story I suppose. Thanks for the compliments on the work and the photos as the latter is something I'm rather OCD about. This is a hobby in any case and I enjoy taking photos - folks might as well see what theirs could look like. I hate looking at something and not being able to see any detail in it!

That Threespersons' style is just my variation. Has some nice flowing curves and I like it. Still like the original but a lot of folks offer that too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
...I completely dig it, ES. Another superb job.

Its very futuristic looking to me, like an alien skin/scale pattern that doesnt exist yet.

"REPLICANT!!" ~ Blade Runner

Im torn between that one and the arrow pattern you did awhile back as a favorite.

Experimentation sometimes brings revelation, and revolution.

Well done.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I don't think it turned out quite nice - I think it turned out super nice. Love the colour too.

Rio

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...I completely dig it, ES. Another superb job.

Its very futuristic looking to me, like an alien skin/scale pattern that doesnt exist yet.

"REPLICANT!!" ~ Blade Runner

Im torn between that one and the arrow pattern you did awhile back as a favorite.

Experimentation sometimes brings revelation, and revolution.

Well done.
Hey Serb, while this is nice it doesn't fill the void in my heard that was created when this rig left my hands. Thanks for reminding me :)

I don't think it turned out quite nice - I think it turned out super nice. Love the colour too.

Rio
Thank you!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hear ya brother.

When i split with an ex, we had designed and built from scratch a 3x3 diamond shape frame, that had additional diamond shape tiny frames at the 4 corners that held: a baseball in vines like Wrigley, a hand carved miniature bat and ball cap, crackerjacks, and fall oak leaves, all gold gilded. The center held 3 vintage baseball gloves, mounted on hand shaped wire patterns, with 2 homemade american flag medals with tiny bat and glove adornments, and a picture of my grandfather at about 14 in his uniform, wearing the glove in the frame with his neighborhood team.

It was a very nice from scratch concept brought to fruition. It was a richly stained navy blue and plexiglass front, with dual groove trim that was painted red in the grooves by hand, and tacked with tiny gold nails. Hung for years in our apt.

I pulled it apart with extreme "disregard" to get his gloves and picture and left the pieces of it for her to deal with when our relationship went bad.

Ahhhhh youth...Dumb dumb dumb, but the point is creations are really a labor of love, inspiration, and sweat. That are very hard to part with when they come out as good as you ever imagined. A source of pride and satisfaction that is hard to equal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts