Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess this is getting the cart before the horse. I ran across this extra long barreled Heiser holster a few years ago and since I collect Heiser's I went ahead and bought it. It's a beautiful holster but I wasn't sure what it fits. When I got home I tried one of my New Services in it and sure enough, it fit like a glove. I tried one of my 7 1/2" New Service Targets and while the fit was good it still had about two inches of room left at the end of the barrel. Fast forward to last month and I had a chance to buy this unique New Service that had a Thompson Sub Machine gun barrel installed on it. When I saw it I knew I had to have it since I just purchased a Thompson. When I showed the picture of the revolver to my wife she immediately said "You have to buy that". After it arrived I remembered that I had the long barrel Heiser holster so I tried it and the fit was perfect. The barrel measure 9 9/16" and it looks like the holster was made for the gun. Some times we just get lucky. Who ever did the barrel work on the gun did a masterful job as everything looks like it would have come from the factory that way. I took the gun to the range last week and was amazed at just how accurate it was. It held a nice tight group at 25 feet.

The gun in the holster:

Note how the barrel just comes down to the lacing:

The Thompson barrel New Service and its holster:

Shown with my Thompson:

·
The Consummate Collector
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was built from an early New Service so I don't think a letter will show much. As far as it being a one of a kind, all I can say it's the only one like it that I have ever seen. It is chambered in .45 ACP to match the Thompson. I loaded up a half dozen full moon clips with 230 gr. FMJ and just had fun. My neighbor shot it and came up with the same results.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It was built from an early New Service so I don't think a letter will show much. As far as it being a one of a kind, all I can say it's the only one like it that I have ever seen. It is chambered in .45 ACP to match the Thompson. I loaded up a half dozen full moon clips with 230 gr. FMJ and just had fun. My neighbor shot it and came up with the same results.
I would be the first to admit that I don't consider myself a collector, don't have the knowledge or the capitol needed to be one. I buy what I like for me to enjoy and if I saw that gun for sale I would've bought it in a second just for it's uniqueness and beauty. I've never seen anything like it before. Good luck with it and happy shooting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As ridiculous as a concept as it is, that revolver looks magnificent. Who woulda thunk to put a tommy gun's barrel onto a revolver? And then proceeded to do it with professional finesse? Absolutely wild. Congratz on the set, Cam. The machine gun, revolver, and holster complete each other.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
What a great trio! Amazing!
Thanks for sharing
Vic

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Outstanding custom work and certainly unique. The gunsmith who put that together certainly had a knack for style.
Beautiful Heiser too. Have you attempted to identify the cattle brand on the loop ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts