Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A. H. Hardy holster with "3 8 6" embossed under the maker's mark. Seeking information

Edit: I just want to clarify that I don't know why the link which I supplied says "Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet" rather than simply displaying the link address. That link simply leads to more photos, including photos of the Maker's Mark and the "3 8 6". Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Everyone

I'm seeking information about this holster and suggestions on its value, as I will probably be posting it for sale in the "Want to Sell" forum. It bears the maker's mark "A. H. Hardy", and has the numbers "3 8 6" arranged with the 3 and 8 on top with the 6 on the bottom. Please reference the attached photos. For additional photos, please view the following link: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Insight about its value or those three numbers much appreciated. It appears to be dirty, but I'd rather not attempt to clean it as I'm not sure that I know how without damaging it.

Thanks!

Carving Design Scabbard Visual arts Metal
Carving Stone carving Relief Brown Metal
Hand
Footwear Bag Beige Shoe Hobo bag

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
The numerals '3' and '8' indicate .38 caliber - the '6' indicates barrel length.

Despite your expressed lack of firearms knowledge, I have a pretty good idea that you already know this, and have an idea of what you'll sell it for, though.

Your best bet will be ebay or gunbroker, so as to reach the maximum number of viewers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the clarification about the numbers. I honestly did not know that.

Despite your expressed lack of firearms knowledge, I have a pretty good idea that you already know this, and have an idea of what you'll sell it for, though.
May I ask why you're assuming that I already knew the answer to that question? And regarding the holster's value, I am truly unsure. I checked eBay sold listings and I was only able to find a single sold listing for a "A. H. Hardy" pistol holster with a supposed selling price of $500. I've been selling things for long enough to know that a single sold listing should not be used as an indication of an item's value. Considering that I was unaware of the gunbroker website prior to your suggesting it, my next logical step after checking eBay was to sign up for and request information from firearm enthusiasts on forums like this.

But to reiterate, I'd like to know why you're assuming that I already knew the answer to the questions I've asked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you still having isues with accessing the classifieds?

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda
Hi Glenda,

No, I don't believe I'm having issues anymore. Before, I was able to get into the page but nothing showed up. But now I'm seeing results. Once I gather enough information to confidently state a fair asking price for this item, I'll create a for sale post. Thanks very much for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.