Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys: Everyone here seems to like pics, so I took a couple of shots of my new-to-me OMM .22. It is serialed 85772 (no serial paranoia here) and was made in 1967, if one can trust the books. That would place it towards the end of production as I think the OMM ended around 1969 (not counting the few Mark IIIs made). I have not shot it yet, and am still not sure I will. I must admit, however, that I had to resist the urge to crank off a cylinder in the back yard today while taking these pics. My neighbors tend to frown on that sort of thing, so when I returned to my senses the only thing I shot was the camera. I am sure that it will shoot better than I am capable of. Anyone else like the OMM .22s?

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the other side. The 1968 Colt Catalog had this to say about the OMM: "The experts' favorite, this superbly balanced handgun has established more match records than any other around. Made from forgings of finest selected steels. Every part tested, finished and hand assembled. Features: grooved trigger; fast-cocking, wide spur hammer; adjustable rear and ramp type front sights with precision blade insert; full checkered walnut match stocks; Colt Blue finish. Weight 39 ozs." An earlier '60s catalog had them priced at $89.95!

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
111 Posts
Charlie,

Nice pics! I'm pretty partial to shooting my OMM's. I could never buy a true safe queen, I enjoy shooting everything I own.

Scott

·
Registered
794 Posts
You should be very proud of a fine gun like that Charlie.

I personally believe guns were meant to be shot. And I hate to use the term "Safe Queens" when it comes to any of my stuff. However, I have many guns I've never got around to shooting. One like yours would probably fit in that category, if it were mine.

Very very nice.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys, for the comments. I don't suppose that a little range work with a .22 LR is going to do too much damage to this OMM, so the next time I go I'll try a couple of boxes and let 'er rip!

Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts