Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I am looking at trading for a semi auto Colt. The left side of the slide is stamped "Colt's MKIV/Series, 70 Gold Cup National Match, .45 Automatic caliber" with the serial number "16263N70" on the right side of the frame. Haven't called Colt service about it yet cuz they aint open yet, and Proof house has an "NM" in all their examples of SNs. Could be someone put a NM slide on a Series 70 frame?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I concur with Tom, above. According to Wilson's The Book of Colt Firearms - 3rd Edition, the serial number 'starting range' in 1982 was 11067N70. For 1983 it started with 27051N70 so yours is a 1982 vintage.

Excellent gun if well treated and in good repair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much. The ProofHouse site had NM behind all theirs. Apparently there are still other places with info besides the internet!! Now you knew this was coming, right?! In real good condition, just the gun with one magazine, what would be an appropriate price range? He's asking $1000, or nice AR in trade. He's not too keen on my old stag with A2 upper, but don't feel like giving up my new Windham Weaponry HBC for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts