Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Jon and I'm a long time firearms enthusiast, but relative rookie to the scene. I've spent a bit of time learning the skills of the gunsmithing trade, but know only enough to get myself in trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My other interest is modifying my vehicles, a 1998 Buick Regal GS and 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, both are supercharged V6's. I drag race at Bandimere and am starting to look into bracket racing.

I'm 26, happily married with two stepdaughters. I'm a SSgt in the USAF, assigned at Buckley AFB near Denver, CO. Currently I'm a Security Forces (Military Police) supervisor but I've been approved for cross train into an Intelligence career field. I won't bore you with the details.

I may not be able to add much in the realm of information, but I'm always looking to learn a thing or two. Hope I can be of help to someone here in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hello Jon. Welcome to the forum. We have lots of gun guys as well as car guys.

So what kind of times are you running up there at Mile High? Since you have 6's are you running in Sport Street with the other 6's and 4's? Are your cars still street machines or have you taken them to the point of being single purpose racing? I've seen some pretty quick Grand National Buick's V6 street machines. You gotta give them respect whenever you see one staged up next to you.

Guns and cars.....great hobbies Jon!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cars are full-weight street trim vehicles, both daily drivers. I haven't gotten hardcore into racing or modding yet, but I've done my share of turning wrenches and learned just about everything there is to learn about these cars.

Best time I've gotten is a jaw-dropping (and not in a good way) [email protected] with the Regal GS. Only mods it had was a gutted airbox with K&N panel filter, one range colder plugs, 3.4" supercharger pulley and a U-Bend/Resonator delete. Everything in total was under $300. Of course, the density altitude was over 9150ft that day as well, and I'm still a rookie when it comes to launching these cars. My 60' was horrible due to my inexperience and the Regal's suspension needs replacement. It's still serviceable, but not optimal for racing. Oh yes, the PCM hadn't learned the new pulley yet because it was put on about an hour beforehand. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My GTP fared better, putting up a [email protected] MPH bone stock. This is my daily driver and project car. The Regal belongs to the Mrs, and I can't tinker with it too much. She wants more power, but she's gonna have to wait in line. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Grand Nationals are things of wonder. I love those cars. I do have a lot of respect for just about any car out there, as long as the owner knows what they're doing when it comes to modifying them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts