Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the S&W forum and think it should be spread quickly.It looks pretty good,,so watch out.

I got an e-mail that is a first for me.I recognized it pretty quickly that it is very sophsticated.
It seems to have you log onto eBay to respond back...Here is some of the detils.
Heading was
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question about Item -- Respond Now
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then a threat in the eBay box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent you the money , where's the package ? You promised that after i send the money you send the goods
asap . is this a fraud? Please let me know! Should I contact the autorities ?
Thanks and please let me know asap!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks,,a warning,,DO NOT put your eBay nickname and password in the box when asked to respond.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Word to the wise. If you think there's a message for you from eBay on behalf of a seller, login to eBay normally and go to "My eBay" where it will show if you have any messages. If there's no messages, don't respond. If there is a message, use eBay to respond to it. Don't get scammed, folks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a first for me,that they used a keylogger program to get my password,,,THAT i could see anyway.I'm scanning computor right now to eliminate any programs that might have been put on my computor with this e-mail.No matter how smart you think you are they change the question,,so to speak,,lol.I wanted to alert guys to this new angle.I was just a few keystrokes away from looking outa curiousity.I consider myself fairly computor savy too.I know some aren't.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Perhaps EBay would like to know about this if they don't already. Haven't checked their announcements today. When in doubt, delete. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
These schemes are becoming more common all the time. I got one using Amazon as the phishing target recently. I also got one from Chase Bank. These e-mails from supposed buyers or bidders are the latest variation, and probably contain a virus or key logger.

In the case of eBay and PayPal, just forward them to [email protected] and [email protected] respectively. They want to know about each new one so they can take steps to shut it down. Rather than just dumping it, just forward it. It will help us all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts