Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
That's a great looking gun, and the first round butt version I've seen. I have several MkIIIs, but they're all square butt versions. Were both versions made at the same time?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very nice!

NIB is always the best way to buy a revolver. Then you can agonize over shooting it or not shooting it.

Good luck with it.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Then you can agonize over shooting it or not shooting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting point robba.they say guns are jewlery for men, i wonder if the ladies wonder "should i wear these earings or not?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i agree nice gun!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about the grip frame? My Trooper Mark III was made around 1980 or 1981? I down't own a square butt version of the Trooper Mark III, to enable me to compare with mine. It's possible, that only the grips themselves were changed to the round butt style-but, then, leaving the grip frame the same as for the square butt model Mark III's?

I'm appreciating the nice comments coming in complimenting my Trooper Mark III!

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
The only J frames with a "round butt" are the 2" Lawmen. All other J frames are square butt. Those stocks are simply the "later" version Mk III target stocks with tapered/rounded wood. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
You beat me to the punch about the stocks A1A.
Mine has the earlier stocks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for the info about the stocks. I almost bought a new pair of the round butt stocks for $10, but didn't because I thought they wouldn't fit my gun. Dang!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts