Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've seen set like that before. The black ones are hard to find and rarely make an appearance. I like 6" model the best. That's a nice set, just need the 6" version and the factory optics setup and you would have them all. Those are the four variations I've seen at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Very nice, and able to be produced at reasonable cost, it seems. Say, if Colt LLC was ever going to re-introduce a .22....

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
It makes no sense for Colt not to have a .22 in the line...one they make...not some licensed copy.

Reactions: Tomray

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah I think it's interesting the similarities between the "Cadet" and the Browning Buckmark and Smith Victory in terms of what is being produced today. The cadet I had was a nice shooter, overall very reliable with a decent trigger. My frustration was in the rear sight which worked it's way loose several times despite locktite.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Cam,
I just let those go at an October auction with many non - Colt estate guns I picked up early this summer.
Shipped Faber Brothers 4141 S. Pulaski, Chicago, IL 9/27/1995. My research said that production of these First Edition Set 22's with matching serial numbers ( PH00040 and 00040PH) did not exceed 500 units. I remember getting them from another Colt Collector Assoc member here in NC who collects snakes and was getting rid of his semi-autos. I have another Colt 22 that I shoot, but was always reluctant to shoot these and never did 22 PH00040PH Letter (800x600).jpg . Not overly valuable IMHO - but kind of neat.
Hope they went to a good home. 22 PH00040 First Edition (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a Target Model and while the fit is not up to a Woodsman it is a good plinker. I like that I can put a red dot on, as that helps my old eyes. Currently I have a TRS 25 mounted and it works very well. I've never seen a holster for these as they are a bit bulky; I have a canvas bag set up for outdoor carry. Original mags are expensive but the Beretta Neos mag switch is a well known fix.

I've been researching serial numbers and believe about 70,000 to 75,000 were made of which about 20,000 are the 6" Target Model. If anyone has more definitive figures I'd like to hear.

First target is without the red dot, second target is with the red dot.
PC090411.jpg

And with the Woodsman.
PC090410.jpg

KNO[SUB]3[/SUB]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts