Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I picked up a nice old Police Positive 38spl haven't looked up to see the year yet. I have been wanting one of these for a long time. the SN is 343085. The shop said a older guy brought it in on consignment. It was a good deal at $500 I think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The smooth topstrap says it's a first issue before 1927, so yeah, it looks pretty good! It should have a smooth trigger as well. Fine handguns.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,316 Posts
To many collectors today seem to look past the real work horse of the pre war revolver line of Colt's which was the Police Positive & Police Positive Special. These are wonderful guns and can be bought without breaking the bank. If you have an interest in obtaining one of these I suggest you do it now as one of these days they will catch on and the prices will sky rocket. I have noticed this happening lately with the Army Specials. Here is a picture of the various barrel lengths of the Police Positive Special:

One each of the two calibers (32-20 & .38 Special) that Colt made the Police Positive Special in. Standard barrel lengths were 4", 5" & 6".

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow I didn't know they did a 5 inch one. That is a wonderful collection thecoltguy. Yes mine does have a smooth trigger. so its a 1928 very nice would it be a left over from the 1st issue I thought 1927 was end of the 1st issue? I now have 3 Police Positives 2 in 38sw and this one in 38spl.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
now have 3 Police Positives 2 in 38sw and this one in 38spl.
If they are all pre-war then, actually, you have 2 Police Positives and a Police Positive Special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts