Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREETINGS, Guys! Here's a, "ponderment," for ya'll ... Suppose you had a pet Python ... No, not the snake - the Colt; and probably a 6" stainless. And suppose you were in the habit of doing most of your target practice with a similar gun but in .22. And, suppose you wanted a third gun in the cabinet - similar to the Python but smaller and ready for personal carry when desired. I'm thinking 1., the,"Silver-Snake-Sort-of, 2. either a OMS or OMM or OP in .22 and more than likely a 6" as I think that's all there was/is? And 3., a 2" OP or, if I could find one, a 2 1/2" Python. Have I overlooked some other obvious partner to this threesome? (Used to think I wanted a Gold Cup and a Commander but lately, I'm leaning to this three-gun-revolver angle. Thoughts? Of course, they're ALL Colts! I must admit, I wish I could've got that minty-pre-#27 S&W 5" that was hanging around a dealer's shelves here where the hoot owls love the coyotes. But what plays .22/second fiddle to a #27? Never any .22 N frames I know of.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Don't forget the Trooper for the practice revolver. It's the same frame size.
When you say smaller do you mean shorter barrel or a smaller revolver? If it's a smaller revolver then just about any of the D-frames will fit the criteria. The Agent, Cobra, Diamondback, and Detective Special came in 2" to 2 1/2" models.
If you add the newer action then you also have the Magnum Carry in a small frame, and the King Cobra or Combat Cobra in the medium frame for short barrel revolvers.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 08-12-2004).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts