Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A SA \"Western\" style revolver from 60\'s - 70\'s era

Anyone know of a Colt revolver made during the 60's-70's which comes in a 4.75 inch barrel, either in .357 or 45 which is still fairly available that is not real expensive?
BTW: To me, expensive is over $500.00 used. Really looking for something reminiscent of the peacemaker.

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
Re: A SA \"Western\" style revolver from 60\'s - 70\'s era

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think that you will have any luck in your search at the price you mentioned. A Colt SAA will almost always cost near $1000 and usually beyond depending on condition and scarcity.

The Colt Cowboy which was made in the '90's probably could be had for $500 if you looked around, but it is slightly different from a true SAA.

For $500 you might consider an Italian replica or USFA Rodeo if you want to get something similar to the SAA.

Good luck!

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

you are describing the colt cowboy, a cheaper version of the saa made for a limited time in the early 1990`s if i remember correctly.again if i remember correctly they were available in .45 with 5.5 in. bbl. they didn`t go over too well and have since been discontinued. the price back then was around 500$ . a genuine saa has never been cheap, they were around the price of the python back in the 60`s.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

sorry weagle posted at the same time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts