Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When working on displays for the Colt Collector Show I design and put the subject matter together several years in advance. The construction usually begins in the early spring and comes to fruition about Labor Day each year. My displays vary in size from a single table to as many as six tables. This years display is another one of the six table displays so lots of construction work which I am pleased to say is completed. I am now doing mock set-up's to see how everything fits in place according to my drawings. This years display features Colt's that were used in law enforcement and is titled: Colt...The Arm of Law and Order

I thought that some of you may enjoy seeing an early view of one of the tables, sans tablecloth and signage for each item. You will notice that the three rows of law enforcement agencies on the backboard depicts the layout of guns and equipment below.

Cam

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
As always Cam... EXCELLENT !!!!! Not much more to say. Thanks for sharing you great work with us all to enjoy. :love::love:

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I have some cleanup work to do. The photo's need to have a poster-board backing applied and the description signs for each item need to be finished along with some small detail items. If anyone has a question please feel free to ask. I don't get offended easily so if you see something that doesn't look right go ahead and sound out. The printed boards sit on the back of the display with each department that I have on display represented. The various Colts include double & single action revolvers, various auto's along with a shotgun, rifle and a full auto Thompson. The time period is from the 1880s to the 1960s.

I appreciate you taking the time to view,

Cam

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
As usual...a spectacular and meticulously assembled display, Cam!
Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing the finished display, tablecloths and all.

BTW...if you ever need to open up some storage room...I'd be glad to hang onto those San Antonio-shipped guns for you. ;)

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice display Cam. Cool to see the JMT PPS from Meriden CT I sold you represented. I'm really happy that gun went to you.
Erik

I was hoping that you would notice. I have to give special thanks to my daughter who is a graphic art designer for her artistic talent on the design for the board.

The signage next to the gun indicates the owner, Officer James M. Tolles along with Chief Bowen so that viewers will know why they are highlighted.

Thanks again for making this gun available. It's many years of collecting these special pieces from collectors like you that make this all possible.

Cam

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fantastic display!! Your preps show why your displays are so sought after and top notch.

Won't make it this year. Scottsdale 23 I plan on attending, so make that one over the top! ;)
Unfortunately I will be taking next year off when it comes to the displays. It is a long drive for an old guy like me and I will be devoting a vast majority of my time to a book that I am writing on the Colt New Service Targets & Shooting Masters.

I will, however, return to the CCA show the following year with a unique display in San Marcos, Texas. Hopefully you can make the drive there as I would enjoy meeting you.

Cam

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As usual...a spectacular and meticulously assembled display, Cam!
Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing the finished display, tablecloths and all.

BTW...if you ever need to open up some storage room...I'd be glad to hang onto those San Antonio-shipped guns for you. ;)
Thanks for your offer but this one will go back to a friend if he wants it. I feel very blessed to have the chance to own this one. When it came up for sale I called the dealer that owned it and found out that he had just sold it to another buyer. A few days later a friend sent me some pictures of the gun saying that he just bought the gun and wanted my thoughts on it. When he found out that I wanted the gun he was kind enough to send it my way. These things don't always happen and I want to express my sincere thanks to Mike, member mpd1978, for his kindness. He is a true gentleman and has helped me out several times when it came to Colts that I had a desire to own. Mike has a knack for finding some really terrific guns and I am always amazed at his talents.

Thanks Mike, you're the best.

Cam

1 - 20 of 27 Posts