Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my dangerous drive through snow and ice to the nearest gunshop last march, I was absolutely and totally bitten by a Diamondback. Then there was the long wait. Dutch gunlaws are one of the most strict in the world and I definetly became a victim of it. I got nervous itches, rash, nightmares of reluctant members of Dutch lawinforcement refusing me my permit and therefor ruining my second great love in life. (yes, the misses comes before the other lady although now and again she can be a snake as well!)
Finally the great day arrived. I got my permit and picked up my Blued 6" Diamondback in .22 LR. I was going nuts when I realized that the gunclub wouldn't be open for another 2 days! But I told myself, whats two more days compared to almost 3 months? Yesterday my great desires and expectasions where fulfilled. My DB spoke for the first time from my hand. Apologising to S & W, this was much and much better then there Model 17. She locks up well and the action single and double is so sweet. I fed here with various brands of ammo, but I think Winchester X is going to do it for me.
The guys at the club - most of them non colt owners - where pretty impressed by the performance and the looks of my new girlfriend. I hope this is going to be a happy and longlasting relationship.

I would like to thank all members on this Forum for there input, there great pictures but also there expertese (hoped I spelled that one right!). No way I would have been able to find a lot of answers about Coltrevolvers and DB-s in perticular without your good and expert advice. I don't think I would ever have bought a Colt without the ColtForum.

Many Thanks,

Keep them smoking,

Gunsmoke.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Congrats and I'm glad you are pleased. Colts have a way of growing on you. Before long you will probably be trying to figure out a way to get the .38sp to go with your .22lr.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, The Dutch gunlaws will give me at least 1 (one) entire year to search for one.

Hope that they are out there, have seen a few DB-s in .22 but none in 38, but I have the time on my side.

Greetings,

Gunsmoke

·
Registered
535 Posts
Congratulations, gunsmoke, on your purchase and welcome to the club! Your gun laws must really be something! Too bad, because European shooting sports have quite a tradition too, as I'm sure you're aware. Our American gun laws leave an awful lot to be desired, too. But, I guess that's the price we pay for our potentially dangerous sport.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dutch gunlaws are there to regulate legal gunownership. This is divided in 2 sections, the first being for hunters, the second for the sport. If you take up sportshooting you first go to a gunclub. After a course you will be accepted as an apprenticemember for three months. After those three months you become fullmember. This period is being used to evaluate your shootingskills and behaviour on the shootingrange. The club has the right to expell any member who doesn't comply to standard rules and regulations at the club. This way the club can filter out the "cowboys" if you know what I mean. Before you can be accepted as an Apprentice you must show a document of proper behaviour which is given out by our D.A.-s office. No document, no acceptence at the gunclub. After one year of fullmembership, you can start getting your gunpermit. First the club will give out a document which states that you can use a firearm in a safeway also stating which caliber the gun has that your planning to buy. Without this document, no gun. Then you go to the gundealer where you purchase the gun. There you receive a document with the details from the seller and the gun which you bring to the policestation. After having checked your behaviour for the last year (no convictions etc.) you get the permit. Then you can pick up the gun, but you must show it to the police so that they can check the numbers. So all in all it takes up to at least 15 months before you get your first gun, the second can be bought a year after that with a maximum of 5. Hopefully a DB in .38 or otherwise somethingelse in 357.

Greetings,

Gunsmoke.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow thats alot of hoops to jump threw.congradulations on sticking to it and being rewarded by such a fine hand gun!good for you.too bad most citizens of your country couldnt be bothered to go threw that much or maby cant afford that luxury.well start planning on the next buy.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,I don't think that the shootingsport is a luxury. I'm just a simple factoryworker with a small but steady paycheck and most of the members at my club make there living in the same way as I do. The cost of shooting in fact becomes a bit cheaper nowadays since I'm able to buy my own ammo. It looks like a lot of trouble but in the end it all payed of. In fact I even got a compliment at the policestation when they checked the serialnumber of my DB. Even they were pretty impressed by the sheer quality of the gun. Dutch gunlaws are tight, but it also gives me plenty of time to look for another special gun, which without any doubt in my mind will surely and most definetly will be a Coltrevolver.
You don't see to many Colts in the Netherlands, but if I can find one my next could be a Trooper or otherwise a Python.
But that's not before May in the next year!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts