Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently had the opportunity to view the collection of a senior citizen who is moving into assisted living. One of his adult children was present to help assist in the process of looking through the guns. There was a lot of guns and it seemed like just when we thought we had seen them all, we would find another behind a box, etc. Towards the end of the looking, I see an old box. I pull it off of the shelf and look at the top, and what do I see, but a rampant colt, taunting me. A tingle ran down one leg with excitement, and bolt of fear ran down the other as I realized the box was far too light. I opened it up....NOTHING. I looked at the end label. An old yellow foil sticker which read "Colt Woodsman" 22 caliber, etc. I walked upstairs to ask the gentlemen where the gun might be. He said he didnt know. I asked the daughter if it might be in a drawer somewhere, she said they cleaned out all the drawers. She asked her father if it was under his mattress, he said he didnt know. We looked there. Nothing. I asked him if he sold it, and he said no, he never sold it, but didnt know where it was.

Currently we are in the negotiation phase of buying out the collection. I dont know if anything will come of it or not. All I know is that somewhere in that house is a Colt Woodsman. I can feel it in my bones. And it was killing me not knowing where it was at. I wanted to see what it was so I could make an offer and hopefully buy it from him! They are going to let us know if it shows up as they continue going through stuff. All of his other guns were pretty much in 95% condition or better, so I suspect this gun was to. Even if I didn't keep it, I would like to handle a really nice specimen. Most of the ones in my LGS have been well used average type examples.

Pray for me. I hate to see a good Colt run away....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS from what I can gather, a yellowish foil type label would probably indicate late 40's? Am I correct? I believe it was 6" I was so interested in finding out about the gun I forgot to take a pic of the box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts