Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one-off .45 auto is being crafted by Jesse James Firearms*Unlimited*(yup, that Jesse James)
The engraving was specified by James and executed by my friend Jere Davidson. You'll recall that Jere was a master engraver for Colt in the mid 1990's. Jere told me he spent more time on the stocks than the rest of the pistol. I believe JJFU is fabricating the remainder of the parts out of Damascus. I'll post the finished gun when I get some images.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That is gorgeous Rick. Do you know if Jesse James is presenting the gun to President Trump, or is he planning on selling it?
I am hoping its the former. I would love to see that photo op. JJFU makes some very nice guns from what I have seen. I have not been able to handle one in person, but hope to stop by his booth at Shot Show next month.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really, if you are attracted to this style. For me, it is just to gaudy for my taste. Sometimes, less is best. Ron
I'm afraid I agree with Ron. If it were for sale I'm sure there are several collectors that would pay a big number for this pistol but it's just not my cup-o-bourbon. If you look at JJFU, his engraved guns all seem to have a "bold" theme. I posted this mainly to show my friends engraving. As Terry said, the grip panels are masterful.

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
I've seen his guns before . JJ's style may work on 2 wheeled machines but his gunsmithing is not to my liking .

Reactions: Joel6180

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ok, apparently my first comment about Make America Great Again was considered off topic and offensive, exactly against what our President is against!! However, I will leave that alone, not to offend. But this gun would be "big league" if it said Make America Great Again, or MAGA somewhere on it, lets face it, you can't picture the Donald without that great hat. I think it is gaudy and hideous, but the Trumpster loves his gold. He even had several rooms in the White house re-decorated in 24k gold. Right up his ally, he will think "bigly" of it!

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
You brought it up in your first response and now again so I'll explain it again .
It doesn't matter if it's offensive to the forum members on the left Or the right .

Politics are off topic here . They have been since August 2006 .

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
And because of that policy, the Colt Forum hasn't descended into chaos, like others have.

It's pretty gentlemanly, and that's because serious guys tend to behave that way, and appreciate others for same.

As to the piece - it's one of the uglier things I've seen, and is off-putting to me - 'however' the grip work is reminiscent of Kornbrath, and he did a couple of S&W 'Registered Magnums' in similar style, that are quite beautiful.

·
Premium Member
20,523 Posts
Except for the fine engraving that Jere did, the gun is two steps down from the stuff America Remembers offers in each issue of American Rifleman.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Thank you Mitch;

Your diligence in keeping the Colt Forum a place that we can all enjoy, is the very reason why the Colt Forum will always remain the best firearms forum on the Internet.

Bud

You brought it up in your first response and now again so I'll explain it again .
It doesn't matter if it's offensive to the forum members on the left Or the right .

Politics are off topic here . They have been since August 2006 .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts