Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1929. The stock market crashes. Colt produces this Official Police revolver. Sorry about the drama, it's just a very different revolver to catch my fancy. Some holster wear on muzzle and cylinder, pristine bore and chambers, sideplate never off (until my gentle tapping), minor dings at bottom of stocks but no serious wear. I like fixed sight revolvers and I guess the "T" did it. I do have to improve my picture taking. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
very nice jim, you cant beat pre war guns for eye appeal and quality of fit and finnish.is this your first prewar colt?? i know you have several more modern guns, but have never seen you post a early gun photo. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is. It did just appeal to my eye. I may not acquire many/any more, but I'm happy with it. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I may not acquire many/any more,/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that`s what i tell my wife"i can stop buying them anytime i want to" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice revolver. I let a nice one go a few months back and really regret it. It sat in the gunshop's display case for a couple of months...every couple of weeks I'd stop in and give it a look over...it was a very early post-war OP with plastic stocks, two tone finish, and a 4" barrel. A very mint piece...I finally decided to buy it---but it was gone!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I just took my Official Police that came from Mr. Vivas out shooting yesterday evening. What a pleasant way to spend some time with a couple of boxes of HBWC handloads.

I can't say that the Colt looks or shoots better than a good pre-war Smith & Wesson Military and Police .38 Special. They're my very favorite revolvers.

A1A's six-inch revolver is very nice though and would look particularly good in my collection. I may have to pick up of one of the six-inch OP's I see at the Dallas/Fort Worth shows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts