Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a similar box just like this one but it was broken and had only 4 holes and a few rounds. They wanted 1600 plus for it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is absolutely an awesome find and deal you have had. Because so many people are interested in making their own self-contained paper cartridges for CAS would you be willing to provide some measurements of one of the cartridges, without damaging it of course.

Diameter of bottom; length from bottom to bottom of lead base, length from bottom to top of paper; OAL length bottom to top of lead bullet ??? General or close measures would be appreciated so you don't damage the paper. Is the base a two part combination of papers or is the very bottom paper just a folded over flap, similar paper to side material?

I know several people have posted blogs through the years -- on how they make 'their' combustable cartridges, but this is the first time someone has taken one out of an open packet and photo'ed it, that I could ask these type of questions.

Congrats and thanks if you are will and able to supply these measurements.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
That has to be one of the rarest cartridges I have ever seen, now you need a Leech & Rigdon to go with it :).

Jim

Reactions: SHOOTER13

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mikebiker,

That was very kind of you to share this great info on these unbelievable historical items. Greatly appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts