Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nice pile of Fake Labels are hitting the market by one seller and I thought it would be a good opportunity for those who cannot spot them to take a look at them and compare them to originals. Another one of the Sellers recent auctions was the Subject of another thread where the Python went for over $5k and it was a fake box as well. I guess we have one of the least informed group of buyers out there right now paying top dollar for junk. Sad in a way but if they don't bother to research and learn, let them spend all their $$$.

Colt Python Elite Royal Blue NIB! 6" .357 Mag *NR* : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Colt Python Target Nickel 38 Spcl 8? w BoxPaper*NR : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Colt King Cobra BSTS 357 Mag 6" w Box Papers *NR* : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Watch your step out there and ask plenty of questions here in the Forum, you will be lead in a safe direction.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is one seller that I will avoid at all costs. Without this forum, I would have 99% of the time fallen for the elite Python. Very eye opening. I do love my blue boxes.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
wow! not just fake labels, the python target box looks fake and the king cobra was never shipped in that style blue plastic box!

i'm surprised that there are so many foolish buyers for all of the fake colt stuff out there, will it ever end?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Would anyone like to elaborate as to WHY they are/look fake?

I would appreciate this info, so as not to get hosed.

Perhaps it is best shared by PRIVATE MESSAGE, so that we are not educating the fraudulent perps, who may read here and be amongst us.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Because of Dennis flooding the market with fake boxes,labels,hang tags the scam is "evolving". People will send a Python to Colt for Rebluing and Tune Up, buy the "original fake boxes, hang tags, and labels from Sparta Tenn" and viola you have a 5K gun for the unknowing.Just use the search feature and you can bring up this subject which has been discussed extensively.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I have two "local" experiences now with the same thing, and if not for this forum would have been taken for a ride. If/when I ever decide to buy another "collector" grade I will only buy from a reputable person or forum member. It just isn't worth the stress or time for me to properly educate myself.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The disease is spreading rapidly. There are a couple of gun show regulars already selling the bogus labels at the northern and central Ohio gun shows. They were even at OGCA.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I will once again repeat my position on the issue.If I ever enter "Pythonland" it will be John Fugate, Keystone, or Gunkrazy, being the tour guides and the person I will make the purchase from. Nuff Said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts