Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodday, members!

I 've come across a Colt Service Model Ace Conversion in .22 LR. Can any of you great people tell me something about this gun? It looks nice and I'm thinking of putting it on layaway for the next 9(!) months, because it also has a nice pricetag, being 195 euros.

My second question concerns the gun calibre 9mm.
Almost 99% of the colt semi-auto pistols are in .45ACP.
Can you folks tell me which models also were made in 9mm?

Thanks in advance and I hope to read from you soon!

Keep them smoking!

Gunsmoke.

·
Registered
253 Posts
OK since no one has responded yet, I'll give it a shot.

If the currency converter I used is accurate, 195 Euro is equivalent to approximately $238.30 USD.

If I understand you correctly, what you found in not an entire Colt Ace pistol but is the conversion kit (barrel, slide etc). This is a pretty good from what I have seen for the kit. If it is an entire firearm, this is a GREAT deal. Pick it up and if there are any more get one for me too!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The 1911 style models that I know of that are in 9mm are the Govt model, the Commander, the Gold Cup and I think the Double Eagle but I am not sure about that. There may be more. There is also the Colt 2000/All American in 9mm but this isn't a 1911 style.

I don't have info on Blue Book with me right now so I cannot provide that info. Hopefully others will add to what I have left out.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm beginning to get pretty ticked off by Dutch gunlaws!

Great looking gun, nice price tag and the lawmaker's tapping on my fingers. You only look, you no take (yet)!

It's a conversion, so you're right in your assessment of the gun. Found a real Ace at another gunshop which had numerous markings on it including Royal Dutch Navy marks. It was probably a pre-WWII and had a price tag of 1500 Euro.
If I remember correctly the SN was in the 4000 range.(?)

Thanks for the info, GoColt!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts