Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OTD - ?
BTT - ? (classifieds)

I'm a computer guy, but still a bit old fashioned, and I don't understand all of the acronyms.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
otd= out the door, total price paid out the door
btt= bump the thing, used in the classified to bump the ad to the top, most classifeds have a rule on how many bumps and when you can bump. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
FWIW IMHO BTT could also be Bumped To Top. Just picking, icdux, to use the others.
FWIW = For What Its Worth (not the Stills version)
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion (disclaims a multitude of sins)
re Dfariswheel's cartoons: ROTFLMAO
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
BTW Acronyms are only acronyms if they can be pronounced like a word, otherwise they are just garden variety abbreviations.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW IMHO BTT could also be Bumped To Top. Just picking, icdux,

[/ QUOTE ] jim,i yeild to your greater knowledge.however i was useing the ky. version which varies slightly from the norm /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif other ky variations wsmc= well shuck my corn
tdy= them damn yankee`s
tdn= them damn african americans
tdd= them damn democrats
tdr= them damn revenuer`s
ttc= top the cotton
i will demonstrate "wsmc tdr and half of em was tdn done busted up the still.i`m sure they was put up to it by tdy or tdd. i`d like to catch em down there some dark nite and i`d ttc!!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
576 Posts
Then there is the handy FUBAR = "effed up beyond all recognition," usually uttered when the boss calls you in to solve a problem that someone else has been working on unsuccessfuly for too long.

·
Registered
141 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
LS, MFT. (For you older guys).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't be the third man on the same match while lighting that Lucky Strike. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Or, As the late Red Foxx would say..."let's stop, my fingers tired".

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Damn. I must be an older guy. Remember well LSMFT

How about SNAFU situation normal all effed up

·
Registered
312 Posts
WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) an opinion based on no information. EWAG (Educated Wild A$$ Guess) an opinion based on some experience or information. I use WAGs and EWAGs until a smarter person shows up. This does not always happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts