Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot this little guy. Ordered from Cabelas ( had enough gift cards) on 5/18/21.
Came into store on 5/29. They forgot to call me. Stopped there several times to check if it was in but wait times for gun counter ranged from 1 to 2 hrs. Didn’t wait. Got call a week ago wondering why I hadn’t picked it up!!! Just a slight communication breakdown.
Light Blue Air gun Trigger Sleeve

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I hope to die with mine and many more then there are now and that is already way too many.

That is a nice poster, mine is a bit on the used side. The guns look very nice and the 2 early ammo boxes are a great addition.

Brown Plant Picture frame Wood Art

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you seen the Colt poster of the woman shooting a jaguar with a DA Colt? That one is worth SERIOUS money.
I have another Tex and Patches that someone glued to hardboard and framed. They had to crop it to fit the stock size frame and instead of reducing the sky they cut Schoonover's name off ! Fortunately (?) they glued his autograph to the back of the frame so not lost. Not sure if worth getting it professionally restored. It's the 1st version without any Colt lettering. I bought it at a garage sale for $125.00.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got mine at a yard see for 250 framed as you see it. The small lettering at the bottom is intact just covered. I have a reproduction of the other done by Colt in the 1960 I think. Even they are scarce. That poster is reproduced mostly on tin signs. I can't begin to count haw many guns I added last year. At least 4 single actions.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Interesting dimensions of horse to man on that poster .

Reactions: Rick and Wes Terner

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Organism Art Giraffidae Painting Fawn

Is this a real old ad from Colt ? (mentioned above) seen it before but, is it a real authentic old time Colt promotion? very cool! like to get a repro!

I am on the wagon, but have some funds stashed in case I run across a good Mod P.

I would jump off lol

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The ads were intended for South America. The repros on paper are hard to find. I totally forgot where I got mine but I have had it for years. My Patches poster is also South American as you tell by the Spanish at the top.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Those framed prints are sweet . $125 I could maybe swing , but $250 - them is some sick yard sales ! I’m amazed when I sometimes see the M16 odd sized poster for $600 plus. I think one of the rarest is the early 20c military print, never seen it under a grand though .

nice scores Rick , I’d imagine you been addicted for 30 years anyway

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picture frame Vertebrate Mammal Working animal Art

The ads were intended for South America. The repros on paper are hard to find. I totally forgot where I got mine but I have had it for years. My Patches poster is also South American as you tell by the Spanish at the top.
The cropped 1st version.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those framed prints are sweet . $125 I could maybe swing , but $250 - them is some sick yard sales ! I’m amazed when I sometimes see the M16 odd sized poster for $600 plus. I think one of the rarest is the early 20c military print, never seen it under a grand though .

nice scores Rick , I’d imagine you been addicted for 30 years anyway
Yeah, about 35 since I bought my first Colt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Great thread, Rick! Gives us another chance to show our "junk". My photos are not good but.... I have had the jaguar print since late 70's I will guess, maybe into the 80's, don't recall for sure. I had it professionally framed. Any idea how to tell a later print from original issue?

I will take this opportunity to show this mirror. Again, I have had it 40 years or so and have never seen another. It is a mirror (the feet are not part of the graphics on the mirror).

And another poor photo of Randolph Scott's movie "Colt 45". Not a good movie but, a great name for it. I think the original name was Chief Thundercloud or something along those lines. Early 1950's.

And the last photo is of my Tex and Patches, again 35 to 40 years ago when it didn't mean a whole lot to me.....and I decoupaged it to a piece of paneling. I really hope it was not an original!

Thanks for looking,
keith

Picture frame Art Painting Creative arts Fawn

Picture frame Rectangle Wood Font Gas

Hat Publication Fedora Musical instrument Poster

Wood Art Metal Publication Illustration

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most of us go overboard on our hobbies, if we have sufficient money. We are just trying to be happy. I am not a collector per se, but Colt SAAs have so many distinctive variations between generations, finish, grips, and engraving that I will probably end up buying a few more than I really need.

I am still of the strong belief that a small toy box is more fun than a big one that is overwhelming, but what can you do when you get the bug?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts