Colt Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great thread, Rick! Gives us another chance to show our "junk". My photos are not good but.... I have had the jaguar print since late 70's I will guess, maybe into the 80's, don't recall for sure. I had it professionally framed. Any idea how to tell a later print from original issue?

I will take this opportunity to show this mirror. Again, I have had it 40 years or so and have never seen another. It is a mirror (the feet are not part of the graphics on the mirror).

And another poor photo of Randolph Scott's movie "Colt 45". Not a good movie but, a great name for it. I think the original name was Chief Thundercloud or something along those lines. Early 1950's.

And the last photo is of my Tex and Patches, again 35 to 40 years ago when it didn't mean a whole lot to me.....and I decoupaged it to a piece of paneling. I really hope it was not an original!

Thanks for looking,
keith

View attachment 766966
View attachment 766967

View attachment 766968

View attachment 766972
Keith, short answer. Offset litho (copy) will likely show “organized” dots under magnification. Original may have dots but in a random “pattern.”
I’m sure the decoupage may have been a good idea 40 years ago. Now, maybe not so much!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The framing on the jaguar poster looks just like mine. You could find mirrors of all kinds about 30 years ago. The posters are either original or under license. I am not so sure about the mirrors.

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Not posters but I have these framed and on the wall...
Horse Picture frame Working animal Art Bridle

Brown Horse Picture frame Working animal Wood

Picture frame Art Creative arts Rectangle Painting

·
Registered
50 Posts
With the sky-rocketing single action prices the addiction for many of us has become a bit self-limiting. However, it just makes it more special and satisfying when you run across that Colt that is a true bargain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This thread has focused on Rick's very nice Colt poster, but leaning against it is what looks to be an original steel shoulder stock. Did it come with any of those SAAs? Any serious collector of antique Colts would give good money for it if it's an original.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
This thread has focused on Rick's very nice Colt poster, but leaning against it is what looks to be an original steel shoulder stock. Did it come with any of those SAAs? Any serious collector of antique Colts would give good money for it if it's an original.
This is the third I’ve owned and still can’t tell for sure if it’s later manufacture. I think so. Colt? Yes, but probably 1950s. Not sure.
I got it at the Colt Show. No gun with it.
I was fortunate enough to acquire a Pall Mall addressed .476 cal SAA. Records show a number of skeleton stocks were ordered and sent to UK so pairing the two could be appropriate. It would make a nice display also.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts