Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum, with a question I'd like to pose to the membership, as follows:

I recently got a first-look at a local estate sale, roughly 65 handguns from a personal collection, one of which is a '72 Colt Python, 6" barrel in Nickel, with original box and paperwork. It's in pristine condition, through and through...

I've always wanted a vintage Python, but have never had the money at the right time.

I do now, and the executor of the estate is willing to accept my offer of $2150.

I'd just like some guidance on whether or not this is the kind of deal it seems to be presenting itself as, all things considered (potential market bubble, Rick Grimes/TWD effect, possibility of Colt bringing back the Python, etc etc)?

Thoughts?

Many thanks and best,

KTC

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum. If the gun is as you describe it, it is a good deal. Especially if you like it. I have a 1972 nickel Python snubbie and just love it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
As mentioned above it's at a decent price for a pristine one. I really wouldn't worry about a "Python Bubble" if there is such a thing. Some people have talked about it for a long time but it's just people talking in my opinion. Also I wouldn't be too concerned about Colt re-introducing the Colt Python but say the stars all lined up just right and rainbow Unicorns were discovered to be real even if they did it would not be the same as the gun you're looking at present especially at that price. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good evening all, many thanks for your responses. I made the call and went over to pick it up this afternoon. As some of you predicted, there were already a few sharks circling to see if I'd come through. Thankfully, the executor of the estate kept his word and honored the deal...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good evening all, many thanks for your responses. I made the call and went over to pick it up this afternoon. As some of you predicted, there were already a few sharks circling to see if I'd come through. Thankfully, the executor of the estate kept his word and honored the deal...
Good deal! I hope you don’t speculate and sell it. Keep it for the next family generation. Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
160 Posts
WOW, absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spock.jpg

I know I am an old school nerd, but that gun is a HUGE find. I hope you make it an heirloom for your kids one day!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
You did real good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts