Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an almost mint Cobra through Gunsamerica, a real beauty. Friends and smithy say don't carry it, but it is a tool to be used and not abused.

The serial number is A 684XX. When was it made, if anyone knows. And +Ps OK?

HiCap

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I bought a Det. Special about six months ago, also in grat condition, made in '62. SHoots great. I'm trying the Cobra tomorrow, and if it shoots well, it's the carry piece du jour.

HiCap (LoCap?)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I learned that the Corbon DPX that I bought to use in the Cobra and DS I own is no longer being made in standard pressure but in +P. So, what's a good standard pressure load for defensive use?

HiCap

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Go with the 'magsafe' ammo. It's a bit pricey but it'll do the job. The .38 spec has low pressure and recoil. Their weakest .380 outguns the others hottest .45 ACP. Read up on it. It's bad A$$ ammo.

It's what I use in my .380 Kel-tek (carry), 9mm Kel-tek (in the truck) and .38's in my 357 smith by the bed.

Come on bad guy, I'm ready.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The new Speer Gold Dot is suppose to be great in short barrel revolvers.
[ QUOTE ]
Their weakest .380 outguns the others hottest .45 ACP. Read up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I read up on it. Test were done without their knowledge that glorified their ammo, but the names of the testers was omitted. It's still nothing but frangible ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts