Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A shop near me has a LNIB early second generation 7.5" 45lc New Frontier for sale. It's in the original-style box and also has a cardboard sleave around the box that appears original. I don't recall the serial#, but the owner claims it's from 1963.

Owner claims he got it from a collector and that it's unfired. It doesn't have any turn line that I could see.

Shop is asking $1750 for it. I can't seem to find much pricing info online for early LNIB New Frontiers. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
what are you planning to do with it? if you want a collectible and hope for increased value in the future, it might be appropriate, but i think the price is way too high.
if you're wanting a "cowboy" gun to shoot, you could find some lightly used second gen SAA's for that price that would appreciate, or at least hold their value better.
for $1100 (or less) you could get a brand new 3rd gen SAA.
i would pass on the new frontier, but what do i know.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a new 3rd gen SAA that I shoot, so it would be a safe queen. I forgot to mention in the first post that it has all the paperwork with it, inlcuding factory test target.

I found a later LNIB 2nd gen NF with the newer box that sold recently on gunbroker for $1651 (link below). But, it was a 5.5", which they made fewer of.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190552567

1 - 3 of 3 Posts