Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a chance to buy 3 guns for 1 money the guns are 1 6 inch diamondback 22, a blued 8 inch python ,and a 8 inch annaconda the python and diamondback are spose to have never been shot since the factory all paper work and boxes the annaconda is spose to have less then 100 shots through it the guy wants a offer but i have to take all 3 at 1 time any ideas what i should offer the guy? i know what they go for and i want to be fair but too be honest thats a big hit in my checkbook and he wont split them up, so ya think 2 grand is fair?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
the guy wants a offer

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my opinion only,i would not spend too much time trying to be fair with someone who wont put a price on HIS own stuff. this is an old trick and i guarentee{sic} being fair is no where in his thoughts.offer him a dollar and tell him to PRICE THEM if he wants to sell them.my experience has been jokers like this will "consider" your 2k offer then tell the next guy {who may already have an offer in too} that you offered 2500 ect. till they get what they have pre-determined is max amount.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Dux speaks the truth. Old trick. Believe me, this guy knows what he wants for the guns. He's probably just hoping to find out if you'll offer too much (just to be fair).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is a good friend of mine and he definatly knows what the guns sell for, but he also knows that ill take better care of them then most people will and that hell still get to fondle them pretty often as far as me keeping them just the way he has well that isnt gunna happen i shoot every gun i own

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you would like to acquire the 3 and can only afford 2K then it's a no brainer... Make him the 2K offer... The worst that can happen is a thanks but no thanks... However, it may be what he had in mind...

Go for it...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Your buddy should understand he can't get retail prices for his guns. A dealer would not offer him anywhere what you will. Rounded off, you have about $2700 in guns there. I would offer him the $2000 and tell him that is all you can afford and see if he is sincere about keeping the guns in good hands.

·
Registered
658 Posts
If he really is a "good friend", he wouldn't be jerking you around with the "make me an offer" BS. I would bet that he's simply playing you against another potential buyer.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If he really is a "good friend", he wouldn't be jerking you around with the "make me an offer" BS. I would bet that he's simply playing you against another potential buyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, a good friend will work with you on price or a payment offer,or sell you the one you really want and put the other up for sale, nice colt sale fast!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sorry for my prior dumb comment. I should have read more carefully. $2,000.00 would be a fair offer if the gun conditions are as you say.

Most of us try to buy at prices that leave a little leeway should you need to resell fairly quickly.

Don't pay flat retail unless it's something you just have to have at any price.

Friends normally give another friend a little more slack in a deal like this. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not worried about him jerkin me around ive known this guy for 2 decades and the last gun i bought off him was a browning a-bolt slug gun i gave him 450 for it and it was pretty much like NIB look and see what they bring at auction like i said i wanna be fair about this

·
Registered
778 Posts
You keep seeing the figure $2,000. I know most of the guys that are giving you advice here in this post are well aware of revolver prices in todays market.

So he is a friend, well good. $2,000 in my opinion is a fair offer for the three guns. If you want to give him more, then that is your call.

You are not going to get an answer until you make the offer.

Again, good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts