Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread started out to be about original versus aftermarket magazines.

But when I photographed mine I realized that the mag was indeed not original. It works well but there is no brand name.

Having heard horror stories about how poor some aftermarket magazine perform I am now asking what should I shop for and what to avoid?

COLT HAMMERLESS 32.jpg

Colt Mazine.jpg

Premium Member
My original Colt magazine baseplate measures .0705" and my 2016 US Armaments baseplate is .0545". So there is a difference but not one that has caused problems in my pistol.

Premium Member
This thread started out to be about original versus aftermarket magazines.

But when I photographed mine I realized that the mag was indeed not original. It works well but there is no brand name.

Having heard horror stories about how poor some aftermarket magazine perform I am now asking what should I shop for and what to avoid?

View attachment 396489

View attachment 396481

Your magazine is a factory magazine, all blue, square front edge, with crimped construction. According to Brunner, correct for the 1903 M from 1938, sn 535000, forward. The magazine is not correct for your 1926 production pistol, but it is a factory magazine.

Registered
Your magazine is a factory magazine, all blue, square front edge, with crimped construction. According to Brunner, correct for the 1903 M from 1938, sn 535000, forward. The magazine is not correct for your 1926 production pistol, but it is a factory magazine.
I stand corrected, re-educated and more careful with my research.
No doubt, I referenced the wrong line when incorrectly specifying it was OK for a 1927. In fact the 1927 magazine would have been a two-tone, and not all blue.

I should always consult and confirm with 2 sources before putting up something that is not true. After further review, Brunner and Lisker are, in fact, in agreement.
Sorry.
This is not the first time I have pulled this particular stunt.

Premium Member
We are human we all make mistakes, not a problem oberon !

Reactions: ei8ht

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somebody school me here.
That magazine looks right to me.
All blue, crimped, square top, and correctly marked would be correct in a 1927 model M.
If it isn't OE, then what is it, and how do you make that determination?
You are correct. I picked it up this evening and it is an original magazine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts