Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket grip for early 50\'s Det. Spec.?

I have any early 1950's Detective Spec. with the plastic panel style grip. I was looking for a bigger aftermarket grip for this revolver. Any suggestions? Thanks. (pics also help).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Aftermarket grip for early 50\'s Det. Spec.?

Check out the Sile Grips that are always on sale at CDNN Here is a pair on a newer DS.

They are inexpensive enough that you can afford several pair to find the ones that fit you best.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Just another opinion, but ... try a Tyler T Grip with your original, skinny factory grips ... you might like it. I do. And the result is quite small, too. I think the newer, full-size DS grips will fit the old model DS, too ... likewise Diamondback grips. (I think.) <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dump1567:
I have any early 1950's Detective Spec. with the plastic panel style grip. I was looking for a bigger aftermarket grip for this revolver. Any suggestions? Thanks. (pics also help).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
26 Posts

At 9 o'clock, Hogue.
1 o'clock, thin Pachmyer with Colt emblem.
5 o'clock, thick Pachmyer with Pachmyer emblem.

Don't know for sure if they'll fit a 50's DS.

The Hogue allows for best hold and accuracy.
Best overall for DS is the thick Pachmyer.
Best for carry, thin Pachmyer.

My opinion and experience.

------------------
Eternal vigilance is the price.....

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the great ideas.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I bought those new walnut CDNN grips that have the finger grooves and checkering. They cover the backstrap and fit the "old" style gunbutt,the pre-66 design. They are not as hide-able as the factory grips, but are easier to hang onto when you actually go shooting.

Bart Noir

1 - 6 of 6 Posts