Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agent Information

Hi,
Stopped in a shop today and they had a excellent Agent in their case. Took a look. Came with well used box that was missing the end flaps.
SN ia 69397R, has the hammer shroud and full checkered gold medallion stocks. It was never carried and I was told it was never fired. Never fired always raises my eyebrows.
No matter what the story, it was excellent condition with no wear or marks on the metal or wood. It was priced at $389.
What is the approximate year of production? How is the price?

Thanks for your help, Jim

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: Agent Information

Hi Tilton, Not a bad price for the described condition. FWIW, Blue Book is $350 for 95% and $425 for 98% and that doesn't include the hammer shroud plus all the other BB disclaimers about being behind and not representative of the Colt market. The Agent at that time was a Cobra with 1/4" shorter stocks. Starting in 1982, they were parkerized and apparently delivered with a variety of stocks as were the DSs of the day.
Here is one comparison for you with what would be considered original Agent stocks: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displa...ue%20Like%20New
Here is another with what one would consider DS stocks and may or may not have been original: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displa...%2038%20SPECIAL
BTW, I think the serial numbers are entered wrong in proofhouse.com. I think 1977 should be 60001R-63400R, which would still make it 1977, but one of the last that year FWIW. HTH /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Icdux and A1A, Thanks for the information.
I think I will pass on this one. Already have a Cobra for carry, so this would be more of a duplicate. I have more interest in large frames than the small frames when collecting duplicates.

A1A, Happy New Year to you. Hope all is well.

Thanks, jim

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

Thanks Jim. So far it's no worse than last year. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
............also Jim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts