Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aging Eyes?

Yesterday for the first time, I had a hard time getting a clear sight picture while shooting my Python. It has an orange insert on the front sight, and white outline on the rear. Can anyone recommend replacement sights that might eliminate the blurring for me? Also, how hard of a job is it to change them, is it a do it yourself job, or do you need to have a pro do it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: Aging Eyes?

If you're past 40 and wear glasses, invest in one of the Merrit adjustable apertures. They really work. The down side is, it's not so great for moving targets, but for still targets and plinking, it's the best money I ever spent. The up side is, you don't have to modify any of your guns, or your glasses.

[This message has been edited by ohiobuckeye (edited 01-03-2005).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: Aging Eyes?

aging eyes causes you to change your shooting life style, I can no longer shoot my open site high standards or colt revolvers, and have gone to red dot sights on my witness and sig trailside. I can`t shoot my swede mauser or enfeilds, but picked up a dragonuv tiger with scope and put a russian scope on my AK47. So I can still enjoy shooting, with alittle help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts