Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun shops don't have much but the Tanner gunshow in Denver yesterday had plenty of ammo in just about every caliber.

The price-- well that's another matter.

Mac

·
Registered
146 Posts
BPS and Academy have plenty of quality ammo in just about every caliber. The likes of Hornady critical defense and several others.
Even with the very strict limit, but there is enough available ammo for personal consumption but not enough available for hoarders and resellers. The prices didn't seem to be much more that a year ago. Now the gun shows (should change the name to ammo, knife and jewelry show) had ridiculous prices, 22LR bricks at $99.95.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I hope the people that buy up all the 22 ammo as soon as it comes out to resale at idiot prices rot with it. I also hope its not some of our good members that do this.:bang_wall:

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
BPS and Academy have plenty of quality ammo in just about every caliber. The likes of Hornady critical defense and several others.
Even with the very strict limit, but there is enough available ammo for personal consumption but not enough available for hoarders and resellers. The prices didn't seem to be much more that a year ago. Now the gun shows (should change the name to ammo, knife and jewelry show) had ridiculous prices, 22LR bricks at $99.95.
The last gun show I was at - the price of bricks of .22s were up around $120.00 to $160.00 for regular Federal or Aquila = I didn't see anyone buying it though. But I did just pick up a brick of Eley Target for $75.00 total. A little pricey but i didn't think it was that out of line for that type of ammo.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Picked up a brick of Golden Bullets from Cabelas web site last week for $23.Stopped by Bass pro Shop with my son yesterday to look at fishing vests when a salesman walked out with a case of 22s.Got 2 boxes of CCI mini mags and 2 boxes of Winchester super x for $38.They were very low on reloading supplies,but I had stocked up in '08.
I've used up more 22 in the last several months than I have in many years,but I have 3 non shooting family members who all of a sudden developed an interest in guns and shooting and I'm more than happy to introduce them to the sport.If my experience is typical,I can see why there is a 22 shortage.
Edit:I would add that this was the first 22 I had seen in a store since feb.so I told my son to grab some as I had a decent supply at home,but after watching the salesman being mobbed I figured I'd stock up too...A 22 shortage ,who'ld a thunk it!? I miss the old days of stopping at k mart for a box or two on the way out of town...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Last gun show I saw a few weeks back had tons of overpriced ammo and not too many customers. I was trying to buy 5.56 green tips and I laughed at most of the people there.

·
Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
725 Posts
I am not paying the new price. I understand that the new prices can move up some over time (normal inflation), but it doesn't "jump up like I've seen" at some stores.

I just don't go to the range if I can't find it at a normal price.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree just plain old hoarding . Went to Fin & Feather in Cleveland, had plenty of everything including 22 bricks. 9 mm was 19.95,45 was 29.95 and 22 brick was 39.95. I buy Ammo at Old English since they do not play the gouge game. Even now they are much better than Fin & Fur. Low on 22 but decent on most everything else. The Gun show whores are not selling the over priced stuff around here. Never seen so many black rifles on the shelves and at the gun shows.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Im beginning to think the real gougers are the manufacturing companies themselves and their suppliers. I looked for 4 hours today for some 45 caliber 185 grain xpts and 45 Colt brass and nobody has anything. I looked at the Ableammo site for Lee 45 Colt Dies and they had them listed to buy on their website, I called to verify they had them in stock, the lady told me no but they could call Lee and have them to me in about 3 days. Whats up with that crap. Somethings fishy about everyone being out of everything all the time Maybe the firearms industry is going the route of big oil using Obama as a scare tactic, and playing the supply and demand game

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.