Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
The checking and grips are cool. King sights would be neater but given the date they were winding down.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
From what I’ve read, the mods are post-Al, done or ordered by one of his kids. But the family possession appears to also have created a strong enough provenance to shake loose serious money.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Maybe it's the lighting for the photo or something, I don't know...and don't know how to say this really, but that pistol looks nasty to me. Only way I know how to put it. I'd wash my hands after handling it. I wouldn't mind having the stags. Vintage stags with that level of patina are going for $600-$700 these days. But I'd sterilize 'em before putting 'em on my pistol.

"He died in 1947 from complications from syphilis." I reckon he got what he paid for. Serves him right.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Just think what it might have sold for if left original...or at least the way it was when the gangster owned it. As is, I guess it made someone happy; just not for me like it is.

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
By the time Capone was released from prison in 1939 the syphilis had attacked his brain and he had the mental capacity of a child.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Not my "cup of tea" but to each his own. That makes John Wayne's SAA look like a flaming bargain for "only" $517K!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I watch RIA auctions and others from time to time but I can’t remember a sale that went for anywhere near this price. After BP over $1M - wow, I guess the right bidders were in the room.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Its funny that the Feds didn't confiscate his "gats" .... ?
Actually, they did like the documented one I own that was taken off of him in his home in Cicero in 1929 when he was arrested.

·
Registered
317 Posts
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." A. Capone.
Though I think he skipped the kind word part most of the time.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts