Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do-you-have-a-summer-and-winter-gun.jpg

A fairly well-known practice within the concealed carry community is to have a winter gun and a summer gun. The idea is that winter brings more layers, which makes concealing a larger pistol easier AND may require a bigger bullet to penetrate the target. Conversely, summer requires dressing in fewer layers and thus a smaller pistol is required for easier concealment and ease of carry.. Continue reading at: http://aliengearholsters.com/blog/do-you-have-a-summer-gun-and-a-winter-gun/

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sometimes I carry a different gun in cold weather than during the summer. Mostly in the summer, I carry a small Colt Mustang (.380). Often in the winter, I will carry a 3 inch S&W Model 60 (.357) or sometimes a Charter Arms (.40 S&W) in an inside pocket in my leather jacket.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great idea! I'll use the change of seasons to tell the wife I need a new gun
Brilliant!!!

TBH I hadn't thought of it like that. I've stayed with the subcompact for easier concealment and carry. My compact is too bulky such that I wouldn't EDC if that was what I had as only option. What I do have though is a different choice for when I plan to be out at night. For night use, I go with one that has a Veridian trigger-guard mounted light that turns on when I draw. It is critical to know what you are shooting and that solves that problem with minimal impact to bulk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts